Advertisement for the Post of JRF in DST-SERB sponsored project
(Will be converted to PhD)
Applications are invited for the following assignment in a purely time-bound research
project undertaken in the Department of Mechanical Engineering of the National Institute of
Technology Mizoram in association with Department of Mechanical Engineering of
National Institute of Technology Calicut.
1. Name of the post : Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
2. Number of Posts : One (01)
3. Name of the Research Project : Experimental Investigations to improve the surface
tribological properties of Ti-6Al-4V through developing wire electrical discharge alloying.
4. Investigators :
I. Dr. Basil Kuriachen, NIT Mizoram
II. Prof. Jose Mathew, NIT Calicut
5. Name of the Sponsoring Agency : DST-SERB, Govt. of India.
6. Duration of the Position Initially for a period of one year and can be extendable up to three years based on the performance.
7. Consolidated monthly compensation
for first two years : Rs. 25,000/- per month (+HRA 10%)
For third year: Rs. 28,000/- per month (+HRA 10%).
8. Essential Qualifications
Essential: B. Tech (Mechanical Engineering) & M. Tech
or equivalent degree ( in Manufacturing
Engineering, CAD/CAM, Production
Engineering, CIM) with 60% marks or
I. Experience in handling projects (may be M.Tech.
final year project) related to tribology.
II. Working experience in Matlab or Mathematica.
III. Preference will be given to candidates with prior
experience in tribology or pin on disc.
IV. Valid GATE Score
9. Age : Candidates should not be more than 28 years as on the
last date of submitting the application.
10. Date, Time and Venue of Interview Will be intimated through e-mail.
Interested candidates may send their application along with copies of mark sheets and
certificates from high school onwards to the Principal Investigator through speed post.
Last date for receiving the application is 21.06.2017.
Candidates are advised to mention their
valid mobile No. and email Id in their application.
1. The fellowship/salary is subject to change depending on DST-SERB directions.
2. The shortlisted candidates will be communicated through email only.
3. Relaxation is admissible to SC/ST/OBC candidates as per Govt. of India norms.
4. No TA/DA will be paid for attending interview.
5. Candidates shortlisted for interview should appear in person with originals of degree
certificates (one set of xerox), and date of birth proof along with any other relevant
information (like copies of publications, awards, recommendations etc.)
6. For technical information of the project, the candidate may contact the Principal
Investigator at given address/phone:
7. The selected candidate may have to stay/work in the National Institute of
Technology Calicut for some duration as and when required to implement the project
successfully as it is a joint project between NIT Mizoram and NIT Calicut.
8. The envelope / mail containing the application should be superscripted with
“Application for the post of JRF in the department of Mechanical Engineering”
9. One (1) copy of the application, in the prescribed format, neatly typed on A-4 size
paper, should be submitted to the Principal Investigator in the following address:
Dr. Basil Kuriachen
Department of Mechanical Engineering
National Institute of Technology Mizoram
Chaltlang, Aizawl- 796012, Mizoram.
Mob. No.: 9947187133
10. A softcopy of the application complete in all respect with all relevant documents
should also be mailed as a single pdf file to: email@example.com