DBT-STATE BIOTECH HUB
DEPARTMENT OF BIOTECHNOLOGY
MIZORAM UNIVERSITY, AIZAWL- 796 004, MIZORAM
No. MZU/BT/DBT – BIOTECH HUB/ 2017/02 10 May 2017
Advertisement No. 08
The State Biotech Hub is the state of the art facility in Mizoram funded by Department of Biotechnology, New Delhi. The Objective of DBT, New Delhi to set-up the State Biotech Hub is to strengthen the capacity of Mizoram to undertake research in any branch of Life Sciences / Physical Sciences / Biomedical Sciences/ Agri & Veterinary Sciences; to promote education & research for development and transfer of knowledge systems; to attract students to build their career in different fields of in Biology/ Biotechnology; to organize training courses for school / college / institute students and teachers and to collaborate with other biotech hubs/ other institutes.
Other objective includes biotech awareness programs for farmers/ general public/ NGO’s.
Applications are invited for the JRF post under the DBT-sponsored project “DBT-State Biotech Hub”:
1) Junior Research Fellow (JRF) – One (01) post.
Eligibility: M.Sc Degree in Biotechnology/ Zoology/ Life or Biomedical Sciences. Evidence of research experience in molecular biology and bioinformatics techniques is preferable.
(Emolument: Rs.25,000/- pm plus 10 % HRA for NET qualified candidates. JRF without NET qualification shall be Rs.12,000/- pm plus 10% HRA).
General Terms and Conditions
- The term of service is for one year which may be extended further depending on their performance and/or other conditions prevailing at that time. Fellowship amount and age relaxations will be as per norms of DBT, New Delhi. The post is purely temporary and is co-terminus with the project. The appointment does not confer any entitlement or right over the job and will not be considered as formal service.
- Candidates having strong interest and dedication towards the objectives of DBT, New Delhi in setting up the Advanced Level State Biotech Hub and who are willing to involve in multi-tasking research only need to apply. The selected candidates should also involve in overall setting up and proper functioning of the Advanced Level State Biotech Hub.
- The last date for receiving the application is 25 May 2017. Application neatly typed on plain paper along with CV, photocopies of mark sheet and certificates should be submitted.
Applications can also be sent by email to: email@example.com
- All the Original certificates should be produced for verification at the time of interview.
- No TA & DA will be paid for appearing for the interview.
Dr. N. SENTHIL KUMAR
Coordinator (DBT-State Biotech Hub)
Professor, Dept. of Biotechnology
Mizoram University, Aizawl
Last date :