Department of Biotechnology
School of Life Sciences
(A Central University)
Tanhril, Aizawl – 796 004, Mizoram
No. MZU/BT/DBT – U-Excel/SBTHub/2016/02 07 May 2018
Advertisement No. 02
Walk – In Interview on 10 July, 2018 from 10:30 AM onwards
The Objective of DBT, New Delhi to set-up and to strengthen the capacity of Mizoram to undertake research in any branch of Life Sciences / Physical Sciences / Biomedical Sciences/ Agri & Veterinary Sciences; to promote education & research for development and transfer of knowledge systems; to attract students to build their career in different fields of in Biology/ Biotechnology; to organize training courses for school / college / institute students and teachers and to collaborate with other biotech hubs/ other institutes. Other objective includes biotech awareness programs for farmers/ general public/ NGO’s.
Walk-in Interview will be held for the mentioned posts under the DBT-sponsored project “Detection of chromosomal and mitochondrial mutations in a cohort of Gastric Cancer patients from Mizoram, Northeast India – By using Deep and Sanger sequencing mothods”:
1) Research Associate (RA) – One (01) post. (Emolument: Rs.36,000/- pm plus 10 % HRA)
Ph.D degree in Life/ Biomedical Sciences. Evidence of research experience in NGS and other molecular biology techniques is preferable.
Walk-in Interview will be held for the mentioned posts under the DBT-sponsored project “DBT- State
2) Technical Assistant (TA) – One (01) post. (Emolument: Rs.18,000/- pm consolidated)
M.Sc. degree in Life/Chemical Sciences. The candidate should have strong interest in
Instrumentation, maintenance of equipments and lab.
General Terms and Conditions
• The term of service is for one year which may be extended further depending on their performance and/or other conditions prevailing at that time. Fellowship amount and age relaxations will be as per norms of DBT, New Delhi. The post is purely temporary and is co-terminus with the project. The appointment does not confer any entitlement or right over the job and will not be considered as formal service.
• Candidates having strong interest and dedication towards the objectives of DBT, New Delhi in setting up the Advanced Level State Biotech Hub and who will work atleast for minimum one year period need to apply. The selected candidates should also involve in overall setting up and proper functioning of the Advanced Level State Biotech Hub.
• The walk in interview will be on 10 July 2018. Applications, neatly typed on plain paper along with attested photocopies of mark sheets and certificates should be submitted on the date of the walk in interview. All the Original certificates should be produced for verification.
• No TA & DA will be paid for appearing in the walk-in interview. Candidates who are unable to attend
the personal interview can also opt for skype interview, with prior intimation.
Dr. N. SENTHIL KUMAR
Coordinator (DBT-State Biotech Hub)
Professor, Dept. of Biotechnology
Mizoram University, Aizawl
Last date :