Appointment of Director, one each, in 08 National Institutes of Technology (NITs) against the upcoming vacancies
Applications are invited for filling up of the upcoming vacancies to the post of Director, one each, in National Institutes of Technology (NITs) located at Allahabad (Uttar Pradesh), Jaipur (Rajasthan), Jalandhar (Punjab), Kurukshetra (Haryana), Rourkela (Odisha), Surat (Gujarat), Tiruchirappalli (Tamil Nadu) and Mizoram. NITs are ‘Institutions of National Importance’ governed by the National Institutes of
Technology, Science Education and Research (NITSER) Act, 2007 (29 of 2007).
The Director, being the academic as well as administrative head, is expected to be:
• A visionary with proven leadership qualities, administrative capabilities as well as teaching and research credentials.
• Having Ph.D. degree with first class degree at Bachelor’s and Master’s level in Engineering / Technology. In case of candidates who have obtained Ph.D. directly after B.E. / B.Tech., they should have obtained 1st class at Bachelor’s level in Engineering / Technology.
• The candidate shall be an eminent person in his / her field of specialisation with an outstanding academic record throughout.
• The candidate shall have 15 years experience in Teaching / Industry / Research out of which 10 years must be at the level of Professor or above in a reputed educational Institute, Industry, Research Organisations.
• Preferably not more than 65 years of age as on the closing date of receipt of applications of this advertisement.
Salary and Service Conditions:
• The post carries a pay of Rs.2,10,000/- (Fixed) per month with Special Allowance of Rs.11,250/- and other usual allowances.
Eligible / interested persons may apply ONLINE in the prescribed application form available at www.nitcouncil.org.in. Online application window shall be opened from 10.04.2021 to 10.05.2021 upto 12:00 midnight. Both dates are inclusive.
Last date : 19th May 2021